Urbaanite and Abundant Life Adventure Club are ready to get you off the grid and into sleeping under the stars for a memorable camping experience. Even if you’re the most urban of creatures, sometimes the urge will hit us to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. If you find yourself thinking about the idea of spending a night under the stars with a camping experience, we’re here to help. This fall, trade-in city plans for spontaneous adventures, fresh air, and a night sleeping under the stars.
Camping can be intimidating for first-timers so the ultimate essential for first-time campers is an experienced person to go along with. You can find the perfect outdoor folks with Abundant Life Adventure Club. Check out our quick guide on camping for the first time, then head over to learn more about Abundant Life Adventure Club’s Lakeside Campout to put our tips to use on October 2-3, 2021 right outside Nashville. They’ll take care of the campground reservation, gear, activity planning, and food.
What To Know:
Whether you’re new camping and don’t know where to begin, or you’re an experienced outdoor lover seeking a community of like-minded adventurers, here are a few basics for a not-so-basic camping experience.
- Campsites normally have picnic tables, but you can bring a pop-up or folding table with camp chairs to create a nice lounge area to relax, playing games, and a comfortable way to enjoy snacks. Consider a tailgate-style tent with string lights.
- When the sun goes down, and you need to see so definitely grab a flashlight or headlamp. To fill your campsite with a cozy glow, bring string lights or lanterns.
- There’s no need to rough it if that’s not your style. In addition to the basics (tent, sleeping bag and camp chair), add things like an air mattress and full-size pillow from home. In case the night gets chilly, make sure you bring extra blankets and a warm layer handy, like fleece.
- You may want some type of entertainment after dinner when night falls. Games are always fun to play around the campfire. Bring your wireless speaker for music. Don’t forget your portable charger for your phone.
- Socks! They might be the most important thing you pack. You want to be sure that your socks are dry for a good night’s sleep so pack two extra pairs for each day you plan to camp.
To get more guides and stories of the people behind the culture and soul of Nashville, subscribe to our weekly newsletter HERE.