Are you an entrepreneur, creator, trendsetter, doer, dreamer or all of the above? If so, you should definitely make plans to absorb a little bit of Nashville MED Week starting September 27 – October 4, 2015.
Check out our Top 7 Reasons Why We Think You Should Attend after our chat with Ashley Northington, one of Nashville MED Week’s smiling faces making all of this happening. Learn more or register at nashvillemedweek.org.
1.This is NOT your ordinary, boring professional development conference (I can dig that): It is business development, educational and inspiration overload for current and aspiring business owners who are ready to connect with like minded people, learn from the best and grow their network.
2. Gifts + Stuff: Every participant will receive a luxury gift bag valued at $150 and filled with treats and great information. You can’t beat that.
3.Get your connection on: MED Week is designed to give attendees an opportunity to connect with like minded individuals, yay! Get ready to attend great events and meet your next customer, partner or mentor. #teamworkmakesthedreamwork
4.Get your learn on, too: This upcoming week is all about giving small business owners access to people, information and other resources not typically available. The workshops being offered are learning opportunities to help entrepreneurs add value to their balance sheets.
5.TEAMING: Have you heard about it? It’s the process process small business owners take in order to partner with large corporations to receive large contracts from the federal government. Now this is definitely something to get to know.
6. The Business of Beauty Event: Love, love that there is a specialty session devoted to hair, beauty, natural hair products and all things in between. In case you have been living under a rock, natural hair care brands and other beauty brands owned by African-Americans are killing it right now. This full-day session will bring many of the trailblazers behind the brands we see in Target, Sally’s and more to Nashville to give you all their great wisdom and business, savvy. #winning
7. Ceeeelebrate good times come on (sing with me…): MED Week was started in 1983 as a way to highlight minority business owners’ contributions to our nation’s economy. To that end, we’ve celebrated the best of the best in our minority business. They put together two events to give praise to those entrepreneurial spirits among us:
- Minority Business Recognition Sunday, hosted by Cathedral of Praise Church of God in Christ, which recognizes the large community of entrepreneurs within its church family.
- R.H. Boyd Minority Business Achievement Awards, which will honor the most savvy and successful minority businesses in our community.
Want To Stay In The Conversation? Sign Up Below!
* indicates required