Looking for a fun girl’s day activity, a simple but fun date, or even just a good way to boot your Instagram page? Go mural hunting. There are always new ones popping up around town. Some are to show support for the local sports team, some are meant to bring awareness to certain topics going on in the community or even around the country, and some are just pretty. No matter if you’re looking for ones to make a statement or just want something to make your newsfeed pop, here’s a few that you can go find right now.
- The 12th South area is one of my personal favorite spots to go mural hunting because there are so many to see. Some change and others are staples, so go see what you can find!
- Madewell’s “Looking Pretty Music City” sits on the corner of 12th and Dallas Ave. It’s great for solo pictures or group shots!
- Head down the street and take your favorite sports fan to find the giant Predator mural. It’s just the head, but that’s all you need to show your #Smashville pride!
- #ForBecks is a local artist whose paintings can be found all around the Nashville and Franklin area. Look for one of his classic Lego Men by the
- “Nashville Looks Good On You”, and whether you’re a visitor or a native this statement stands true. Find this mural behind the Frothy Monkey and snap away!
- We’re in the music city, so of course there’s more than one music-themed mural on this list. Find Gage Lozano’s masterpiece outside of The Flipside and show your friends exactly how you feel about Beyonce’s entire discography.
If I put all the beautiful murals and photo op spots on one article, we would be here all day. So, for now, I’m going to leave with another Nashville classic, the “I Believe in Nashville” mural. There are multiples around town, but this one can be found in the alleyway between Halcyon Ave and 12th Ave.
If you like these, be sure to check back later to see where more classic and new murals are located.