Kirbee Miller, chef and founder of Kinimi Kitchen
Preparing to throw down or just hoping you will not burn down the kitchen? One of our favorite local chefs, Kirbee with Kinimi Kitchen is providing some simple, food for the soul inspired side dishes to ensure your Easter meal tastes just like your traditional family dinner. See recipes below.
Oh and Kirbee will be going live this Saturday, April 11 at 11:00am on Urbaanite’s FB page to teach you how to master these recipes for Easter and beyond.
Black Truffle & Cheese Mashed Potatoes
3/4 c Heavy Cream
1/2 of stick of butter
2 Springs Rosemary
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Black Truffle Salt
1/2 c of Swiss or Mozzarella Cheese
Badia “Complete Seasoning” to taste
What to Do:
Peel & Boil potatoes with 1 spring of rosemary
Pour off water & mash potatoes
Mix in remaining ingredients
Garnish with fresh spring of rosemary
Amazing Flavor – Deviled Eggs
4 Tbsp Relish or Chow Chow
2/3 cup Mayonnaise
1/4 tsp Garlic powder
1/8 tsp Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
1/8 tsp Smoked Paprika
1/2 cup chopped Thick Cut Bacon – reserve a portion
1/4 cup chopped green onion – reserve a portion
What to Do:
• Cut the hardboiled eggs in half lengthwise
• Remove the cooked yolk from the white; reserve yolks.
• In a bowl, combine the cooked yolks, chow chow relish, bacon and mayonnaise.
• Add all of the spices. Mix well
• Fill each egg white with a dollop of the prepared filling.
• Garnish with remainder of bacon and green onions