Spice up your Taco Tuesday with Tirzah Love’s Sweet Potato Taco recipe! Wow your family and yourself with the savory flavor combinations, perfect for wrapping up the winter season and jumping into spring. Tirzah Love is a newly relocated celebrity chef dishing up organic goodness that is amazing for your tastebuds and body.
5 corn tortillas
½ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup sour cream
2 chipotle chiles from 1 can of chipotle chiles in adobo, plus 3 tablespoons of adobo
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1 large sweet potato
1 teaspoon jerk seasoning
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup pomegranate arils
¼ cup chopped cilantro
⅓ red onion, minced finely
½ cup red cabbage, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Peel and cut sweet potato in thick, long chunks (a little bigger than a French fry)
- Place in a bowl and top with jerk seasoning and olive oil. Mix with hands to coat.
- Place evenly on a large cookie sheet, and place in the oven on the lower rack. Bake for 25 minutes, turning them over after 12 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add pomegranate arils, red onion, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, and cilantro. Add a pinch of table salt and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, add chipotles, adobo, remaining lime juice, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Blend until smooth.
- To assemble, place a warm tortilla down, drizzle with chipotle mayo, top with sweet potato, salsa, and shredded cabbage.
Try this recipe at home and tag us in your photos!
To get more guides and stories of the people behind the culture and soul of Nashville, subscribe to our weekly newsletter HERE.