Do you have a sweet tooth that you can never seem to solve? That’s not a problem for Da Cookbook creator Alexandria Pankey! She shared her sweet cinnamon rolls recipe with us and they are sure to put that sweet tooth to rest every time. Try it out for yourself!
3 ½ cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp/1 package Instant Dry Yeast
½ cup whole milk
⅓ cup buttermilk
½ cup sugar
6 tbsp butter
2 tbsp canola oil
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 cup butter (melted)
Cream Cheese Glaze Ingredients:
4 oz cream cheese
¼ cup butter (melted)
2-4 tbsp milk
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix milk, butter, and sugar together and heat on high for 90 seconds then stir.
- Add buttermilk, oil, and vanilla to the warm milk mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add the wet mix to the dry mix and mix on medium speed with a dough hook or use a rubber spatula.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and mix on low speed until a sticky dough forms. As the dough mixes, add 1 tbsp of flour at a time until dough leaves the sides of the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to heat for 5 to 60 minutes. Plastic wrap should fog up.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl to make filling.
- Roll parchment paper on your workspace and sprinkle with flour. Knead dough and roll into a rectangle (10’ x 18’).
- Brush melted butter over the dough. Spread filling mixture on dough and alternate with butter.
- Tightly roll the dough horizontally into a log.
- Cut dough into 8-9 equal pieces with dental floss and place in a greased pan.
- Cover in plastic wrap and let rise for 25-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 25-32 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.
- Combine butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Add milk until combined. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
And there you have it! Tasty cinnamon rolls to solve that sweet tooth! Make this creation at home and tag us in your photos.
To get more guides and stories of the people behind the culture and soul of Nashville, subscribe to our weekly newsletter HERE.