Be a part of storytelling Nashville with us. Urbaanite is where you can plug into culture and soul in the city. Through people, experiences and beautiful photography we are here to ensure you see and feel seen in Nashville. Welcome.
This summer we are excited to partner with Tennessee State University’s Art Writing Symposium to give one motivated student an opportunity to enhance their writing skills with an award-winning media brand. You will have a chance to meet amazing visionaries, entrepreneurs, tastemakers and creatives in the city, along with exploring the latest restaurants and cultural attractions that speak to our reader. The Urbaanite.
Who we are looking for: A motivated Tennessee State University student interested in journalism, marketing, communications, art or English. This student is interested in growing their skillset with a local media startup. The ideal candidate will enjoy producing digital content and stories from ideation to distribution. They are ready to explore the people and attractions fueling Nashville’s culture.
- Craft a minimum of 2-3 articles per week (research, writing, imagery, etc.) based on our editorial calendar
- Assist in ideation and development of our monthly/quarterly editorial calendar
- Engage with readers via our newsletter, email@example.com email and social media platforms including: FB, IG, Twitter
- Manage, communicate and engage with our Urbaanite contributors and insider network to ensure they share our latest stories and guides
- Assist in special projects, events and sponsorship/advertising campaigns
- Stay up to date on the latest Nashville trends, holidays and national days that speak to our brand and audience.
The selected fellow will be paid a stipend of $2,000 over the course of 10 weeks. Fellow will be expected to dedicate 10 hours a week to research, interview, writing and editing articles and stories for the Urbaanite platform along with special projects and advertising campaigns. As a fellow, you will have a direct opportunity to write and publish your articles on Urbaanite.com, plus receive mentorship, and support in cultivating editiorial and communication skills.
Please note: Student must be a current Tennessee State University student to apply for this fellowship.
Applications close May 14, 2021
Sponsored by the Tennessee State University Department of Art and Design
The Art Writing Symposium offers students, writing professionals, and educators a space to develop their personal language and provide the space for thought and theory to become a viable practice. In a broad spectrum of continually evolving ways of seeing, thinking, and communicating, our aim is for writers of all levels to develop translatable skills, honest dialogue, and move to authentic expression.
Sponsored by Tennessee State University Department of Art and Design, Tennessee State University Languages, Literature and Philosophy (LLP), I Want to Write Initiative and Number Inc.
Support by Nashville Scene, Vanderbilt University Press, Educators Cooperative, and Metro Arts.