Leveling up in the New Year is always on everyone’s mind. Brittany Cole, CEO of Career Thrivers is a seasoned expert in leadership development and organizational strategy. She has released the latest season of her podcast, Let’s Thrive Together right here in Nashville.
Check out the 5 ways Brittany is sharing to transform how you lead, influence, and thrive in your career.
- Courage Over Clarity: Prioritize the bravery to step into the unknown over the need for detailed certainty. Making a career change often requires embracing discomfort and taking decisive action, even when not every detail is crystal clear. Trust in your ability to adapt and learn as you go. This courage to move forward, even amidst uncertainty, is a cornerstone of thriving through change and growth. Remember, clarity often emerges through action, not before it.
- Purpose in Essence, Not in Position: Recognize that your purpose is woven into your very being; it’s not confined to a job title or a career path. Your purpose is an intrinsic part of who you are, not a destination to be reached through your professional achievements. While it’s fulfilling to make an impact through your work, remember that your job – whether in a corporate role or as an entrepreneur – is a choice for income and impact, not the sum total of your worth or your identity. Separate your personal purpose from your professional role and relieve yourself from the pressure of finding ultimate fulfillment in your job alone. Your purpose will manifest in many ways throughout your life, beyond the confines of your career.
- Embrace Discomfort: Recognize that a career change is not just a leap into the unknown, but a stride towards new possibilities. Whether you’re eyeing a new industry or a total career shift, view this change as an exciting opportunity to realign with your true passions and skills. Remember, thriving often begins at the edge of our comfort zones.
- Network Authentically: Building genuine connections is key. Your network is a goldmine of insights, support, and opportunities. Engage with professionals in your desired field, but remember, networking is a two-way street. Offer value, share your experiences, and be open to learning from others.
- Mindset of Resilience and Patience: A career change is a journey, not a sprint. There will be challenges and setbacks, but maintain a resilient mindset. Celebrate small victories, learn from the hurdles, and keep your eyes on the long-term vision of a fulfilling career that aligns with your true self.
To get more guides and stories of the people behind the culture and soul of Nashville, subscribe to our weekly newsletter HERE.