2nd Annual William Edmondson Arts + Culture Fest : Saturday, October 28, 10am – 4pm
Location: 1450 14th Ave South, Nashville, TN 37203
Urbaanite is excited to be a media partner for this year’s 2nd Annual William Edmondson Arts + Culture Fest. South Nashville has a special place in our hearts here at Urbaanite and this festival builds on the vision of the Friends of the William Edmondson Homesite Park &Gardens, a 50lc3 non-profit. A great organization with a mission to preserve, protect, and enhance the William Edmondson historic homesite. They are also advocates for the creation of a William Edmondson Cultural Arts Center on-site, to include a sculpture garden and historic plaza, arts education and performance spaces, a new Edgehill library, and a Nashville African American history archive.
You can expect a family-friendly day of fun, connection, arts, live music and fellowship. Plus, the Urbaanite team will be there with fun giveaways from our friends at Frist Art Museum and more to be announced. We hope you stop by and say hi!
- Music Headliners: Herchel Bailey (R&B and blues), and Carlos DeFord Bailey (Country)
- Other live music and performances, including the Yeli Ensemble (west African drumming) and Maplewood High School Drumline
- Art &crafts vendors, with dozens of local artists displaying and selling their original artwork
- Food and drinks from a variety of food trucks
- Kid’s Zone with hands-on art and music activities, demos and Nashville Soccer Club games
- Free books and storytime from Nashville Public Library
- Honoring Edgehill’s history with “Edgehill Heroes” tree dedications
Plus, the Urbaanite team will be there with fun giveaways from our friends at Frist Art Museum and more to be announced.
To get more guides and stories of the people behind the culture and soul of Nashville, subscribe to our weekly newsletter HERE.